Friday, November 19, 2010

HP7pt1...two thumbs way up!

Yup, that's me saying GO SEE IT. If you are a Harry Potter fan, go see this movie. (If you are not, you will most likely be totally lost.) I thought they did a great job. There was only one scene that could be classified with "nudity", and it IS actually something from the book. It's like 10 seconds, they don't show anything extensive. (If you must, close your eyes when the Horcrux Harry and Hermione start talking and open them again after the Horcrux is destroyed. I went back to the book when I got home, and, interestingly enough...I'm pretty sure this is how the rest of the world read this part of it. Just not us.)

Very, very well done. It is INTENSE, I probably wouldn't let my 10 year old nephew see it...maybe the 11 year old one if he had read the books. It is the first half of the book, and when it ends you WILL want more. The entire theater groaned when the credits rolled.

Good stuff...is it July yet?
(image from digitaltrends.com)

**Interesting...watched it again the other night....'twas a bit more racy than I recalled, but still not as bad as some movies. Judge for yourself...

7 comments:

  1. where in the book is the part you're talking about, cause i'm not picturing it. and now i wanna know! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its where the Horcrux is trying to convince Ron that all of his worst fears are true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't shoot me, but I don't really like harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't shoot you. That's what I meant by, "If you're a fan, you should see it." If you don't want to, no worries. I won't hold any grudges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing it tonight! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm FINALLY seeing it tomorrow night! a couple of moms in my ward are concerned about this Horcrux Harry and Hermione "getting it on" as they've heard, and they're not sure their 12 yr old daughters should go? What do you think, Karen? As one who has seen the scene?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see it but will probably wait until it is out on DVD. I did see Tangled though. Ya know, kid friendly and all.

    ReplyDelete