Sunday, July 17, 2011

Giving credit where credit is due...

Heavens yes, Wend! You get ALL the credit for me knowing Harry Potter. ALL OF IT. Actually, I tell people all the time about how you read the first three books to me because I was too stubborn to succumb to the "fad". HA! Shows how much I know. Just the other day (Friday) I was discussing the last movie in depth with the students at work--one who had seen it at midnight and the other who had gone at 3 am!! One of them began recounting how her mother had read them all a chapter each night before they went to bed when she was younger. I started to laugh out loud and explained that I'd had a similar experience...but it was my roommate who loved me enough to read it to me...at night...before I went to bed. Man, you were patient! You will be happy to know that I own all 7 books in hard back, jackets still in tact, and have re-read them so many times I can't even count. When people ask me what I like to read I say, "I don't read. I read the Book of Mormon and Harry Potter. That's it."

And all because of you. :)

5 comments:

  1. I guess I will have to borrow your books......and I will see YOU next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I forgot all about that. I met up with Ralphie a couple weeks ago down in Austin and we reminisced a bit about our apartment. Do you remember us laughing so hard we couldn't talk at "whose line is it anyway" and signing for hrs in the hallway oustide our rooms? good times, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yes. The signing...I miss the signing. Who'd've ever thought I'd go on to make a career out of it?! Crazy. I LOVED that apartment and all of you ladies. You were so patient with spoiled little me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I just saw the movie today with Chad and afterward I said, "I totally have a testimony of Harry Potter. I love the B of M and then I love Harry Potter." I'm glad you feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. This is Wendi, not Chad

    ReplyDelete