Thursday, June 14, 2012

Unwarranted barrelling...

No, not of the rodeo variety. No, no. That'd be too simple. Instead: that of the heaving, panting, charging upstairs two-at-a-time nature.  Even at this moment, I'm still not sure why I did it. I wasn't in that big of a hurry. And, I know it comes as a shock, but I'm not usually one to succumb to spontaneous feats of self-challenged athleticism (ie. climbing stairs quickly ;) ). AND, in the ASB of all places!?  So, there I was, high-tailing it upwards, carefully focused on not letting my ballet-slipper flats become my demise on the slicker-than-snot, worn-down stone staircase...

And.....BOOF!!!  Uuhhh.................whuuudupp, Cec?!  Or... I mean... "Hi, President Samuelson."

Nice...no, I didn't actually crash head-long into him. (whew.) But for the stammering, gasping mess that I was, I may as well have. He responded with a slightly startled, albeit jovial look that said, "Well, hello there!" and then went on his merry way. Such a lovely little GA....

Pretty sure he might have a hitch in his git-along...but who am I to judge? Me, the moron who randomly races herself up the stairs of the administration building...

3 comments: