Thursday, April 7, 2011

Closure.

It is time, friends, to move on. Sad, I know. Me too. But, alas, we must regain focus. Before we embark, though, I need some closure. One more time to celebrate the awesomeness...to share a RARE pic of yours truly...and to bask in the re-written record books. Then, I promise, I'll be done...

You've already seen my exploits on the battle-front with the Jimmer-besmirchers, you've basked in the glory of the W drilled into all of our memories at the Marriott earlier this year, you've even been captive to my intense feelings about this year's craziest situation. What a ride it has been. Y'all, I am a sports gal, obviously, but the height of the highs and the depth of the lows were unparalleled in my entire fan career. Big statement, I know...but this was insane. It takes something bordering momentous for me to rearrange my schedule. But, I did. I cleared out every Wednesday and Saturday during the last three months willingly. And, boy, did it deliver.

We were in rare form for the last game of the season. Yup, we watched it in THE TEAM ROOM at the Marriott Center, because I'm friends with seriously awesome people. (They had actually left their notes on the board from before they left for Denver.) That's me, chillin' with Rose whilst he and the Jimmer discuss the meaning of basketball...
(heinous picture of me, but oh well...)

Just to drive home how not insane I am...the many accomplishments o' the Jimmer:

Awards
* 2011 Unanimous National Player of the Year

Player of the Year trophies
* 2011 Oscar Robertson Trophy
* 2011 Associated Press
* 2011 Naismith Award
* 2011 Adolph Rupp Trophy
* 2011 NABC
* 2011 John R. Wooden Award

Other POYs and more honors
* 2011 Sporting News
* 2011 CBSSports.com
* 2011 SI.com
* 2011 Basketball Times
* 2011 Athlon
* 2011 Lowe's Senior Class Award
* 2011 MWC Player of the Year
* 15X MWC Player of the Week
* MVP 2011 MWC Championship

Records
BYU:
* Most Points Scored (game) (52 pts)
* Most Points Scored (season) (1068)
* Most Points Scored (career) (2599)
* Most Free Throws Made (game) (23)
* Most Free Throws Made (season) (252)
* Most Free Throws Made (career) (627)
* Most Field Goals Made (game) (22)
* Most Field Goals Made (season) (346)
* Most Three-Point FGs Made (game) (9)
* Most Three-Point FGs Made (season) (124)
* Most Three-Point FGs Made (career) (296)
* Most 30-point games (career) (24)
* Most 40-point games (career) (6)
MWC:
* Most Points Scored (game) (52)
* Most Points Scored (season) (1068)
* Most Points Scored (career) (2599)
* Most Field Goals Made (season) (346)
* Most Field Goals Made (career) (838)
* Most Three-Point FGs Made (career) (296)

Here's hoping the NBA brings many more opportunities for him to shut the naysayers up more with his gentle demeanor, likable persona and unmistakable testimony than with his killer range. That's been the best part of all.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't follow sports but honestly I wish I would have been a BYU fan this year just to enjoy all the Jimmer mania. It was a good year.

    ReplyDelete